Qualified Staffing Partners Make Good Business Sense
By Allegiance Staffing
July 10, 2013
Take a moment to think about the services you outsource: payroll, trucking, IT, third-party logistics and maybe others. You often employ the expertise and services of others so you can focus on your main business objectives without getting bogged down in the day-to-day management and operations issues. Why wouldn’t you do the same with your hiring needs?
If your business depends on temporary workers with peaks of high volume and seasonal hiring, managing all those workers can be an overwhelming task. You’ll need a sizable HR team to handle it, and a large HR department can get expensive.
Outsourcing your hiring could be one of your best business decisions. You’re experienced at running a distribution center, and we are experienced in hiring, so let’s each focus on what we do best. The point of outsourcing is to give companies the freedom to focus on their core competencies, not the ins and outs of hiring 250 temporary workers for the busy holiday season.
We have proven to be well equipped to accommodate businesses that have a fluctuating workflow. You may have projects that need more employees at certain times. We can get you quality workers and the quantity when you need them. You get the skilled workers without the headaches, hassle and coordination.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your hiring process match the way you purchase other goods and services?
- How long does it take to fill positions from the time they are identified and they are filed?
- Are you trying to manage a process that’s beyond your staff, budget and schedule?
- Do you require flexibility in your work force?
If you’re spending too much time and money trying to hire the right employees for the right projects, you need a committed staffing partner to help you in the same way a trucking company manages the transport of your goods.
We understand many companies have been dissatisfied with staffing agencies, but don’t let past experiences with poor service and quality force you into making a bad business decision.
Do your homework and ask some key questions before selecting a staffing partner:
- What’s the hiring process? Is it one quick application or a three-day hiring process like we require of each applicant to ensure only skilled, reliable and trustworthy people become our employees – and ultimately your employees.
- What’s the safety record? Find out if the company has safety standards and training to minimize the risk of accident and injury at your site.
- What is the level of experience? Does the staffing agency experience a great deal of turnover? If so, there’s a good chance you’ll have a lot of turnover too.
- What do others say? Look to industry rankings and client testimonials for an objective opinion.
Picking the right staffing agency will make all the difference in your hiring process. Not only will you have the right people for the right job, which saves time and money, you’ll be able to get back to the business of running your business.