What Skills Do Employers Seek for Fulfillment Jobs?
By Allegiance Staffing
February 2, 2021
While it is possible to land fulfillment jobs without any prior work experience in a warehouse, you still want to be thoughtful about what skills you include on your resume when applying for those positions. Your cover letter, objective, and skill list should all reflect why you would be a great fit for that kind of job. Fulfillment jobs can be entry level or specialist level, which require a little more experience. Once you get your foot in the door and show your commitment, rising to specialist and management levels is definitely possible if that’s something you’re interested in. Keep reading for the skills that employers seek for fulfillment jobs, entry-level and higher.
Objectives & Skills
Before you begin building or reviewing your current resume, remember that warehouse employers hire individuals from a variety of backgrounds. No matter what jobs you have held in the past, you gather certain skills and expertise that could very well be useful in a different environment. Therefore, within your objective and list of skills, you want to demonstrate your capabilities and goals and how they align with the warehouse position you’re applying for. Within your objective, make sure to include the name of the company you’re applying for to reflect that you truly have a strong interest in working for them specifically.
Warehouse Entry-Level Positions
The entry-level position for warehouses is called the associate. This position is responsible for logistics and distribution. When applying for this role, include an objective on your resume that is similar to the following:
- To acquire a warehouse associate position at [insert company you’re applying for] where I can apply my organization, physical, and problem solving skills.
- Seeking a position as a warehouse employee at [insert company you’re applying for] to help with the distribution process and organization of orders through my ability to learn quickly on the job.
Skills that will be attractive, but not required, to employers who are seeking to fill these positions are:
- General labor
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience
- Packing experience
- Stocking experience
- Loading experience
- Road transportation
- Shipping and receiving
- Pallet jack
It’s a little easier to write a resume for fulfillment specialists and management positions because you have likely already accumulated some experience in the area. Remember to keep it simple and straightforward, showing you’re confident about your experience and the direction you are looking to take your career in. Objectives for these positions should look something like the following:
- Looking for a position as a warehouse fulfillment specialist at [insert company you’re applying for] to apply my experience with fulfilling orders, logistics, and distribution.
- Seeking a position in the warehouse at [insert company you’re applying for] to make use of my ability to remain focused, hard-working, responsible, and organized in a management role.
Skills that employers will be looking for for these positions are, yet not limited to:
- Customer service
- Order fulfillment
- Online orders
- Data entry
- Inventory control
- Pallet jack
- Order systemization and processes
Get Warehouse Work Now
At Allegiance Staffing, we have over 20 years of experience staffing positions in the warehouse industry. The warehouse staffing services we provide have earned us the Inavero’s Best of Staffing ® award more often than any other staffing agency. Our clients are warehouse employers, and they have asked for our help to find people like you who possess the experience or skills that apply to their current job openings. As a potential employee, you do not have to pay us for our assistance because the employer is our client. However, you can still benefit greatly from our services free of charge, as we truly wish to help our clients fill these positions and help you find a position as well. Here are some examples of what we can do to help if you choose to use our services:
- Help you build and tailor your resume for the position and company you’re interested in.
- Match you with current job openings based on your goals and current experience.
- Talk you through the interview process and give you pointers to help you prepare.
- Continue to find you future work if the position you take on is temporary.
- Help you to set goals to keep your career building and thriving.
There is a lot of work to be found in the warehouse industry, and many ways to grow and form a substantial, long lasting career. Some more positions we staff in the warehouse are:
- Forklift operators
- Warehouse clerks
- Quality control
- And many more!
Ready to find warehouse work now? Give us a call today!