10 Temporary Office Jobs You’ll Wish Were Full-Time
April 12, 2022 | Career Blog
Organizations across numerous industries are looking for quality talent to help their office run smoothly. Sure, remote work has been the trend since the COVID-19 pandemic, but many companies still need workers to fill key roles at their offices.
Consider some of the best temporary office jobs and part-time office jobs that you can find right now. One of these jobs could be your foot in the door to find a great full-time job!
Temporary Office Jobs That Could Turn into Full-Time Work
What type of office work sounds interesting to you? What skills and experience do you already have? What industry would you like to work in? Take a look at these temporary office jobs that could be a good fit for you.
- File Clerk – median U.S. salary of $15/hour
- Organize paper documents in filing cabinets.
- Retrieve paper documents when needed.
- Follow a filing system so that others can retrieve files.
- Help companies transition from paper documents to electronic documents.
- Office Assistant – median U.S. salary of $15/hour
- Use email to route messages to certain teams in the company.
- Manage schedules for executives or managers.
- Coordinate activity with each team in the company.
- Keep the office clean and organized.
- Mail Clerk – median U.S. salary of $16/hour
- Submit mail for certain employees.
- Retrieve mail from the mailroom.
- Sort mail to deliver to the right teams.
- Coordinate deliveries and pick-ups with UPS, FedEx, or other carriers.
- Admin Assistant – median U.S. salary of $17/hour
- Provide administrative support to executives and managers.
- Utilize software such as Microsoft Office to generate documents and reports.
- Perform research and analysis as requested.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and other business partners.
- Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator – median U.S. salary of $14/hour
- Greet employees as they come to work.
- Answer phone calls from customers/clients, vendors, and other parties.
- Receive shipments/mail and route the items to team members.
- Help the office and executives/managers with basic tasks.
- Office Technician – median U.S. salary of $17/hour
- Provide technical support for the office.
- Address service tickets submitted by employees.
- Install or update hardware and software.
- Stay on top of the latest technology and tools that can help the company.
- Data Entry Clerk – median U.S. salary of $17/hour
- Review budgets, reports, and other documents.
- Enter critical data into company software.
- Ensure that data is accurate and complete.
- Submit reports with updated data.
- Biller (for medical office) – median U.S. salary of $18/hour
- Utilize payor websites to verify patient information and eligibility.
- Report payment variances, claim rejections, or reimbursement issues.
- Monitor billing issues to ensure that payments are accurately processed.
- Follow up on billing issues and strive for resolution so that your company receives payment.
- Customer Service Rep – median U.S. salary of $17/hour
- Answer phone calls, emails, or other communication from customers.
- Follow up on customer orders to ensure a positive experience.
- Strive for satisfactory resolutions to each customer issue.
- Report the resolution of customer issues to your Customer Service supervisor.
- HR Assistant – median U.S. salary of $17/hour
- Support HR leaders with employee payroll, benefits, PTO, and vacation issues.
- Draft communication about new policies and procedures.
- Sit it during interviews with prospective talent that could be hired.
- Strategize ideas to support the retention of employees to help reduce turnover.
Find a Temporary Office Job Through Allegiance Staffing
Right now, you can find a temporary office job or part-time role near you. Just search our database of available job listings from leading companies in your area!
Not seeing a job that fits your skills, experience, or interest? Our team will gladly work with you to find a great opportunity that you can grow in.
Contact us today to discuss available temporary office jobs that could turn into a full-time job for you.