5 Tips for National Safety Month
June 1, 2015 | Staffing Blog
While safety in the workplace is important every month, June is National Safety Month, and it is an excellent time to promote safety. It’s also a great time to review your own safety policies and procedures. Even if you provide staffing for another company you can still be fined by OSHA if their working environment is unsafe.
Here are 5 ways you can promote safety for all employees:
- Clear Communication – Be sure that there is clear communication for every employee. Each one should be aware of their responsibilities and requirements for contributing to a safe workplace.
- Promote National Safety Month – This is the ideal time of year to really promote safety. By using flyers, informational handouts and communication you can remind each employee of how important safety is, and how much you care about it.
- Have General Safety Training – As part of employee training there should be general safety tips included. You can also hang posters with general safety tips and hand out flyers. Especially if you use temporary staffing this ensures that they have easy access to best practice safety tips.
- Include Specific Safety Training – Each workplace has their own unique safety challenges. Providing training that addresses these unique safety needs is crucial to a safe work environment. Again, this is especially important if you hire temporary staff.
- Evaluate the workplace – If you provide temporary staff for another company be sure to visit their work facility so you can be sure of the safety training and environment.
Every employee is important whether they are full-time, part-time or temporary. Injury and death in the work environment are preventable and having a solid training program helps. If you would like to learn more about improving the safety at your facility contact us today. We’ll help you come up with a plan that is tailored to your specific needs.