A Complete Guide to Job Interviews
June 12, 2017 | Career Blog
Job interviews may seem hard, but with this handy guide, you’ll be on your way to landing a job in no time. So, let’s get started with what to do and what to avoid during the interview process.
What to do during the interview process:
Once you’ve landed the interview, there’s a few things you’ll need to do to prepare.
- Research the company you’re interviewing with. This shows them that you have a genuine interest in working for them.
- Prepare and practice interview questions you anticipate they’ll ask. However, don’t practice so much that your answers seem rehearsed.
- Research the hiring company’s dress code policy and dress accordingly.
- Arriving early for your interview shows the hiring company that you’re reliable.
- Always have an extra, professional copy of your resume on hand. This makes it easier for the hiring professional to review your qualifications during the interview process.
- Use good posture and make eye contact during the interview. This shows confidence in yourself and your abilities.
What to avoid during the interview process:
- Avoid speaking negatively about your former employers or ex-coworkers. This reflects poorly on you.
- While it’s okay to show that you’re confident in your abilities, avoid being overly cocky. This makes the hiring professional question your honesty. In other words, “Is this person for real?”
- Avoid answering your phone. If you need your phone on, turn the volume to silent and place it in your bag or pocket. Wait until the interview is over and then check for missed calls and texts.
- Avoid dominating the interview. Give the hiring professional a chance to ask questions, instead of just walking in and taking over.
Now that you’ve got some tips about what to do and what to avoid during the interview process, it’s time to go land the job of your dreams.
Allegiance Staffing offers 25 years of experience bringing in quality employees who meet high standards. Contact us today to learn more about how our custom labor solutions can improve your bottom line. Looking for work? Join Our Talent Network Today.