How to Find Part Time Overnight Jobs Near You
August 24, 2021 | Career Blog
People looking for work tend to forget about overnight jobs. This is because the third shift has a reputation of being the “unwanted” shift. Actually there are some major perks to working overnight, including shift availability, schedule flexibility, and even sometimes a boost in pay.
Additionally, some people are night owls and work best at night. A poll done by the National Sleep Foundation found that 37% of males and 44% of females consider themselves night people. If you land amongst this group and are having trouble finding work by simply searching “part time overnight jobs near me”, we can help! Read on for the deets.
What to Look for
First, let’s take a look at ways you can get more specific in your search so you can find what you’re looking for more efficiently. It helps a lot to know what types of industries commonly have overnight shift openings and what perks need to be included for you to take the job. The best things to look for when trying to find part time overnight jobs near you are:
Industries That Commonly Have Overnight Work
- Hospitality: including hotels, resorts, restaurants, and bars.
- Commercial Cleaning: cleaning commercial properties like banks, offices, and supermarkets.
- Security: for nightclubs, casinos, public events and festivals, and corporate needs.
- Public Service: including police work, firefighting, and healthcare.
- Transportation & Automotive: for transporting goods, delivering food, and taking passengers to and from destinations.
- Customer Service: to handle emergency customer needs and other important calls that may come in outside of regular business hours.
Examples of Overnight Jobs To Look For
- Casino Employee: Average salary of $19,713 a year. There are a variety of jobs you can land in a casino, like a black jack dealer, maintenance worker, server, cashier, cleaner, etc. All of these provide you with the opportunity to be amongst a fun nightlife and enjoy the perks of discounts on food and lodging.
- Bartender: Average salary of $22,000 a year. People come out to bars to have fun, and you’re there to facilitate it, which can be really enjoyable if you like that kind of environment.
- Cashier: Average salary of $24,000 a year. For those who prefer a generally more laid-back shift, you can find cashier jobs at 24/7 gas stations, grocery, and convenience stores.
- Baker or Chef: Average salary of $27,000 a year. If you have a passion for cooking or baking, why not make money doing it? These are great jobs for those who aren’t so interested in serving people directly but are happy to work on the backend of operations.
- Warehouse Worker: Average salary of $28,000 a year. Working in a warehouse usually means wearing many hats and having many opportunities for growth, providing chances for all employees to change things up and make more money!
- Truck Driver: Average salary of $51,000 a year. Truck driving jobs are great for people looking to make some decent dough in a low-stress environment. If you like driving for long stretches and a flexible work schedule, this is a great option for you.
- Healthcare Worker: Average salary of $52,388. The healthcare industry always needs people! After all, people get sick every day, require more help as they age, and simply need support to maintain their health through the entirety of their lives. If you enjoy caring for others, there are definitely overnight opportunities for you here.
How to Find Them
Once you know what industry you’re looking to find overnight work within, it’s time to start applying. Of course, it helps to know where exactly to look, but it’s also important that you set yourself up the right way, so you’re appealing to hiring managers. The best and most effective ways to find your preferred part time overnight shifts are:
- Modifying Your Resume. Make sure it looks professional, that you include a section where you list the skills you possess that make you a good fit for the job, and provide any previous experience that’s relevant.
- Prepare For Interviews. Research the company you’re applying to, look up typical questions in interviews, be ready with answers, dress professionally, and make sure you have reliable transportation that will get you there on time.
- Use a Staffing Agency. Most staffing agencies specialize in temporary, part-time, and full-time work and will provide you with job opportunities free of charge.
We Can Help
Allegiance Staffing has locations all over the United States and specifically provides staffing support to industries that have loads of overnight shifts to fill! The industries we work with are:
- Light Manufacturing
- Customer Service
Stop your search and find part time overnight work with our staffing solutions today!