The Ultimate List of Temporary Jobs You Should Consider
By Allegiance Staffing
June 23, 2020
So, you’re in the market for the best temporary jobs out there, huh? Well, you’re in luck, because there are a lot.
That’s the great part about working as a temp, is there are always companies looking to fill temporary placements. Another awesome part about it, and something to always consider, is that one day the job you find could be such a great fit that it actually ends up sticking.
But for right now, you’re looking for the best ones to work on a temporary basis. What makes these great is they require a skill that you can learn easily, and you can make good money doing them!
Temporary Jobs Hiring Right Now
These range from jobs that are quick to pick up, to ones you can work toward and land with a bit of experience and training. Keep reading for the temporary jobs you should consider.
1. Home Health Aides
Median Pay: $24,060 a year
- Help clients with daily tasks such as bathing or dressing.
- Cleaning, laundry, dishes, and vacuuming.
- Organize clients’ schedules and arrange appointments.
- Plan transportation for the client to attend appointments and other outings.
- Shop for the client’s groceries and prepare meals according to any specified dietary restrictions.
2. Nurse Aide, Orderlies, and Attendants
Median Pay: $29,640 a year
- Clean and bathe patients.
- Help patients to use the bathroom and when dressing.
- Reposition patients and transfer them to beds and wheelchairs.
- Report and health concerns from the patient to the nurses.
- Measure patients’ vital signs.
- Serve patients their meals and help them to eat.
3. Office Clerks
Median Pay: $34,040 a year
- Answer phone calls, transfer them or take messages.
- Organize and deliver mail.
- Schedule appointments with customers.
- Communicate general information to staff and clients.
- Copy and file documents.
- Prepare and process bills.
- Collection information and input data.
4. Customer Service Representatives
Median Pay: $34,710 a year
- Provide customers with answers to any questions or concerns they have.
- Explain products and services to customers.
- Take orders and process payments.
- Handle returns and document complaints.
- Refer customers to supervisors or more experienced employees when necessary.
5. Maintenance & Repair Workers
Median Pay: $39,080 a year
- Maintain and repair machinery and buildings.
- Fix electrical switches, outlets, and circuit breakers.
- Assess issues, determine the problem, and come up with a solution.
- Put together machinery or equipment.
- General cleaning and upkeep of buildings and properties.
- Order supplies.
- Meet with clients to discuss repairs and costs.
6. Truck Drivers
Median Pay: $45,260 a year
- Drive long distances.
- Follow all traffic laws.
- Fill out reports ensuring the truck is safe for travel.
- Secure cargo for travel.
- Report incidents that occur during travel.
- Log all hours worked in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Report mechanical problems.
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
Median Pay: 56,180 a year
- Read blueprints and diagrams.
- Install wiring and lighting systems.
- Inspect circuit breakers and other electrical components.
- Test and identify electrical problems.
- Repair and replace wiring and electrical equipment.
- Follow state and local building regulations.
8. Construction & Building Inspectors
Median Pay: $60,710
- Check plans and ensure they meet building codes, regulations, and contract specifications.
- Monitor construction sites.
- Use testing equipment to perform inspections.
- Approve satisfactory building plans.
- Inspect plumbing and electrical systems to ensure they are up to code.
- Issue violation notices when the building is not under compliance.
- Keep daily logs of inspections.
- Provide documentation of all findings.
9. Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales Representatives
Median Pay: $63,000 a year
- Find prospective customers by attending conferences, using business directories, and picking up leads from existing clients.
- Reach out to existing customers about new offers and specials.
- Help customers to find products based on their preferences and specific needs.
- Answer any questions customers have about prices, availability, and how products are used.
- Prepare sales contracts and submit orders.
- Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
10. Computer Programmers
Median Pay: $86,550 a year
- Construct programs in computer languages.
- Update and upgrade existing programs.
- Test programs for errors.
- Fix code when necessary.
- Use code libraries to simplify writing.
Work with a Staffing Agency
Once you are hired and trained as a temp in one of the positions above, you will find there are a lot of temp positions out there you can apply for. Need help finding and getting hired for temp work? That is our specialty! Reach out to Allegiance Staffing today. We can tell you about the temp jobs we are currently looking to fill and help you land the job yourself.