Tips for Keeping a Positive Attitude at Work
By Allegiance Staffing
June 15, 2021
Without a positive attitude, getting work done is a lot more challenging than it should be. There are many things that can contribute to a poor attitude, and many of those things are outside factors that can feel uncontrollable.
HR professionals and business owners are paying attention to their employees’ mental health more than ever because of COVID-19 and its impact on the consistency and productivity of the workplace. If you’re really going to see a difference, though, you will have to contribute some effort in this area as well. Here are some tips on what you can do to keep a positive attitude at work.
Organization & Balance
A lot of stress and fatigue stems from being overworked and worrying that you won’t be able to accomplish the task assigned to you. As much as this falls on your employer or manager to be aware of, it’s also important for you to pay attention to and communicate. This will allow you to protect yourself and help you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Some specific ways to achieve this are:
- Get enough sleep. Depriving yourself of enough rest is just setting yourself up for frustration. When you’re tired, everything becomes more difficult and irritating, so do yourself the service of going to bed at a reasonable time.
- Leave work at work. Some jobs can be all-consuming, making it difficult not to bring home and stew on. Often the best way to process things is sleeping on them, so try not to obsess over work when you aren’t there. Doing so can tire you out, bring stress into your home, and make you resentful toward your job.
- Take adequate breaks. It can be tempting just to go go go until the workday is done, but it is important that you take enough breaks and eat regular meals. Doing so will help you maintain your blood sugar, energy, and sense of calm.
- Focus on the positives. It’s hard not to focus on the frustrating parts of your day, especially when they happen repetitively. The best cure for that is continuing to remind yourself why you choose to stay at your job. This will help you to see that even though those irritating things exist, they’re not enough to make the job not worth it.
If you’re going to truly enjoy your workday, you have to like where you work. Maintaining a good relationship with your team is key to a healthy workplace environment. Though you may not have control of the negativity coming from others, you do have control over your response and actions, and that can make a major impact.
To nurture and grow a positive work environment:
- Smile. Smiling is naturally contagious, so slap a smile on and watch it spread.
- Put others first. When people see that you are considering how your actions affect them, most of them will want to return the favor.
- Minimize gossip and complaining. This one is huge, as it’s the main source of toxicity in a work environment and all too enticing to contribute to. Remember that most of the time, the gossip isn’t true and very often gets back to the individual. The time you spend complaining and gossiping only exacerbates the issue instead of fixing it.
- Stay close to positive people. Humans can be easily influenced by others. Surround yourself with positive people, and your environment will naturally become more productive and sunny.
Keep Your Options Open with Temporary Staffing
Have you ever explored staffing agencies and temporary staffing? You can actually get hired by a staffing agency, and they will continue to provide you with temporary job opportunities that suit your talents and preferences. If you’re someone that gets restless and thrives off new challenges and environments, this could be a great solution for you.
More benefits to temporary jobs and working with staffing agencies are:
- All services included are free for employees.
- Resume building.
- Interview coaching.
- Industry experience.
- Health benefits.
- Job security.
- And more!
Contact Us to Get Started
If you are struggling to keep a positive attitude at work, it may be time for a change. Allegiance Staffing is a staffing agency with locations all over the US. We work with companies in multiple industries, so we always have positions that need filling. If this is something you want to learn more about, you can set up a free consultation with us, and we will give you all of the deets!
Should you not want to do temporary work and prefer a permanent position, this is also something we can help you find.
Ready to work in a work environment that you like? Give us a call today!