How to Find Shift Work Near You
June 7, 2023 | Career Blog
People look for opportunities to find shift work for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re an entry-level worker or a relatively new member of the workforce who doesn’t have an abundance of experience, there are a variety of industries looking for hard workers just like you.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are approximately 5.3 million people who aren’t in the labor force but are looking for jobs. With that in mind, it’s important that you understand how to make yourself stand out from the crowd of applicants who are also trying to find their next job opportunity in your local area.
3 Traits to Stress to Help Find Shift Work in Your Local Area
If you want to find shift work near you, it’s important to let employers know that you are qualified for their positions. Let’s take a look at three important skills and characteristics that employers look for.
Integrity is one of the most important characteristics that employers are looking for from shift workers. Company owners, hiring managers, and others who oversee staffing decisions want to know that they’ve hired someone whom they can trust.
Not only do employees have access to invaluable assets that belong to a company, but employees also have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a business. Employers want to make sure they can trust workers to act with integrity while part of the company.
- Highlight your integrity when applying for shift work of any kind.
2. Communication Skills
Being able to communicate effectively is important in every walk of life, especially in the business world.
Business owners and managers want their companies to operate like a well-oiled machine. That’s only made possible by employees who know how to communicate both horizontally with fellow employees during your shift and vertically with upper management.
- Professional, healthy communication is the lifeblood of any successful business. Be ready to talk about your communication skills when interviewing for shift work.
When applying for a job, most companies will ask applicants to indicate the shifts they’re available to work. One of the most counterproductive steps you can take in your search for a job is to indicate that you’re only willing to work certain hours on certain days. Instead, you want to come across as flexible as possible, willing to pick up shifts others may not want to take.
Unless you are dealing with circumstances that make it impossible to work certain shifts – such as an early-morning shift or a graveyard shift – indicate that you’re willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Your willingness to work flexible shifts will pay off. Many companies offer flexible work hours to employees that prove themselves in difficult shifts before transitioning into full-time or permanent roles.
How Can We Help You Find Shift Work?
Allegiance Staffing is one of the most trusted names in staffing across the country. We have an impressive history of helping workers find the right job opportunity that fits their skills, experience, and location. We offer numerous employee resources to help you find work!
– Our Jobs Board is one of our most effective tools to get started on your search, as it puts the power in your hands. You can review a variety of quality jobs near your location so you can determine which jobs are the best fit for you.
– Our team works tirelessly to help put applicants in touch with the ideal employer. Contact Allegiance Staffing today to find out more about how we can help you highlight your skills and experience when interviewing with each company.
We’ve helped thousands of workers find shift work in their local area, and we can help you, too. Get in touch with a local Allegiance Staffing branch location to find out more about how we can help you find the right job.