3 Types of Fall Jobs That Are Hiring Right Now
August 19, 2019 | Career Blog
As we approach the fall season of 2019, you will begin to see hundreds of seasonal job opportunities opening up. Fall is the start of the holiday season, and there are many companies who will be in need of some extra help to get through. In 2017, UPS hired about 95,000 extra workers for this very reason. Warehouses, restaurants, hotels and more will no doubt be adding some extra cushion to their teams this year. If you are looking for a little extra work to get you through the end of the year and help you buy some holiday gifts, now is the time to sign up! Keep reading for some of the positions that always have openings when moving into fall.
Holiday Help Across the Industries
Companies in nearly every industry will be in need of some holiday help. Some examples include:
Warehouse. Every warehouse will need extra help for the holidays. Positions you can be sure to expect postings for are:
- Packaging & Shipping
- Picker/Order selector
- Truck drivers
Retail. There is no denying that people shop more during the holidays. This means department stores and local businesses will need help ringing people up and getting more products on the shelves. Examples of the type of tasks you may be responsible for in retail include:
- Unpacking deliveries
- Stocking and tidying products on shelves
- Helping customers find specific products
- Ringing customers help once they are ready to check out
Hospitality. Most people visit friends and family around the holidays. Of course, this means hotels can expect to be part of the bustle. They will absolutely be looking for people to assist with the everyday tasks in order to keep their guests happy and comfortable. Some examples of the jobs you will find in hospitality include:
- Front Desk Agent
- Laundry Attendant
- Servers and Hosts
- Night Auditor
- Cleaning Staff
Getting Hired for Seasonal Work
The thing that will really help you get that seasonable job you’re hoping for is beginning to apply for jobs ASAP. People tend to think they need to wait until the holidays are upon us, but companies actually start preparing for this time way in advance. For summer seasonal work employers start hiring in the winter, and for the holidays they start right at the top of fall. If you’re looking for a job out of your area, keep in mind that it will take even more time to get the documentation you’ll need to work out of state and get any other logistics in order.
How to Find Temporary Work this Season
If you need help finding a temporary position, no matter what the season, you will want to partner up with a staffing agency. Not only are they always looking for candidates for positions that are currently hiring, but they will know how to fit you with the best job for you. There a lot of benefits of being an employee within a staffing agency. Some examples are:
- It doesn’t cost you anything! Staffing agencies are paid by employers to find their employees for them. All you have to do is fit the bill. The staffing agencies wants you to work out, and they will be excited about your interest in getting involved with them because they want to provide for their clients.
- They will help you fix up your resume. The agency will know what the client is looking for and they will give you advice on how to fix your resume to show you in the best light. They will also give you advice on how to interview with them.
- They might have clients in more than one industry. No matter what, you will be able to find a staffing agency for just about any industry that offers temporary work. Some agencies even cover multiple industries. Click here to view the span of industries that Allegiance Staffing covers.
- There is always more work to be had. If you finish up a temporary job and are looking to sign up for more, the staffing agency will be ready to pare you up with the next venture! Especially if everything went well with the first client, they will be excited to keep working with you.
For more information on how Allegiance can help you get a head start on finding a temporary job this holiday season, reach out to our staff here!