5 Part-Time Overnight Jobs That Should Be on Your List
By Allegiance Staffing
December 15, 2020
There are quite a few jobs out there that you can work part-time that will accommodate an unusual schedule. Your best bet is to look for something you can work overnight so you aren’t having to worry about your scheduled hours conflicting with your daily responsibilities at all.
First, let’s take a look at some overnight jobs that are flexible and provide decent pay, then we can address applying for them!
Jobs for Flexibility
The following positions require minimal experience with on the job training and no need for a college degree. Take a look at the descriptions and responsibilities to help you determine whether or not the position would be a good fit for you:
Average Salary: $25,130 per year
Description: Desk clerks who work in hotels and resorts ensure that visitors are set up for a comfortable stay and all processes are followed accordingly. Overnight hours are available to ensure that guests have someone to go to with needs day and night.
- Welcoming guests
- Registering guests and assigning them to rooms.
- Issuing room keys.
- Taking calls and receiving messages.
- Keeping records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts.
- Making and confirming reservations.
- Collecting payments from departing guests.
Average Salary: $25,280 per year
Description: Home aides assist nurses working with patients in their homes, group homes, and other similar settings. Requirements usually are high school diploma or the equivalent with on the job training.
- Helping clients with their daily needs, such as eating, bathing, and dressing.
- Cleaning and doing the client’s laundry.
- Helping the client keep their schedule organized and get to appointments.
- Notifying physicians of any changes in health concerns.
- Keeping clients engaged in social events and communities.
Average Salary: $29,710 per year
Description: Security guards are needed for all sorts of events and facilities that expect guests and activity at all hours day and night. Most require a high school diploma and some experience may be necessary depending on the type of surveillance or responsibilities that are included.
- Monitoring safety of employees and visitors.
- Controlling access of the location.
- Conducting security checks like checking bags and sensitive areas within the location.
- Enforcing laws set by the employer.
- Writing reports on what was observed during their shift.
- Detaining violators of rules until further safety measures can be assessed and pursued.
Average Salary: $32,020 per year
Description: Delivery drivers may be responsible for bringing food or other grocery items to customers, or transporting goods over long distances by way of truck. A high school diploma or equivalent is often required, but some opportunities do exist for those without.
- Loading cargo into the vehicle.
- Communicating with customers about pickup and delivery times.
- Reporting incidents that occur during transport.
- Following traffic laws.
- Reporting any serious mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Keeping the vehicle clean and in order.
- Accepting payments from customers.
- Handling necessary paperwork to confirm the completion of delivery.
Average Salary: $34,710 per year
Description: Customer service representatives can work in a wide span of different environments, and overnight jobs are available for the companies who must be available to customers at all hours. Typically a high school diploma is required, but not always.
- Listening and providing answers to customer questions.
- Providing information about products and services.
- Taking orders and processing payments.
- Reviewing and maintaining customer accounts.
- Handling returns and complaints.
- Referring customers to appropriate personnel based on their needs.
How to Apply
You can spend a whole lot of time scanning the internet for jobs and sending emails hoping that your resume won’t get lost in the hiring manager’s inbox. However, if you’re looking for this sort of job, you probably don’t have a whole lot of time to wait around. Don’t worry, you are in luck! These are exactly the types of jobs that we are currently trying to fill, and we can help you get your foot in the door and prepare for your interview without having to pay a cent for the assistance. Why? The employers pay us to find you.
We are looking for people like you and have flexible jobs available right now. Give us a call to set up an appointment and get started today.