How to Get Hired by Temp Agencies that Hire Felons
By Allegiance Staffing
March 2, 2021
It’s no secret that getting a job as a convicted felon is challenging. If you don’t have a case worker to give you advice or help you get on a path, it can feel nearly impossible. Sound like a familiar situation? Don’t give up hope, there are solutions out there for you.
In fact, we have them for you right here. As a temp agency that helps find jobs for felons, we work with employers that realize that your criminal background doesn’t define your skills, work ethic, and dependability as an employee. On top of that, we help you build your resume and figure out what jobs are the right fit for you based on your abilities and interests. Ready to find some work? Here are all of the deets.
What is a Temp Agency
A temp agency, also sometimes referred to as a staffing agency, is a business that is paid by companies to find them people who will work well on their team. Some agencies specialize in one specific industry, while others work with a wider array. At Allegiance Staffing, we have branches all over the U.S. and specialize in quite a few industries that are felon friendly, such as:
- Customer Service
- Light Manufacturing
What does that mean for you? It means not only do you have a team of staffing experts committed to hooking you up with a paid position, it also means you don’t have to pay for the help. There is no catch and no hidden fees, and if the job you get is a ‘temporary position’, you are a permanent employee of the agency and they will continue hooking you up with jobs.
What Types of Jobs You Can Get
The majority of the jobs we staff at Allegiance don’t require a college degree or any prior experience. Of course, those things would be a plus, but they aren’t always necessary in the industries we specialize in. What matters the most is that you’re motivated, committed, and know what you’re good at. Within the jobs that we fill, we commonly find the best fits for ex-offenders are:
- Construction work: though many start as laborers, those that work hard and show commitment often end up in a long term, well-paid career.
- Hospitality jobs: there are SO many positions to be filled in hospitality from bussers to hotel clerks.
- Transportation: whether you’re a truck driver or food delivery driver there is a lot of work in this area of customer service and all you need to start is a license!
Within each of these industries there are endless possibilities for types of positions and growth. With enough time and experience, you may even find yourself climbing the ranks to a management position or get inspired to get certified as a specialist. Having a felony on your record doesn’t have to mean that your future is cancelled. There are many ways your path can be defined by starting here if you put the effort in.
How to Get Hired
Ready to sign up? Yeah you are! We are ready and excited to meet you. Here are a few tips to help you get prepared for meeting with us:
- Have a resume ready. We will help you clean it up so it looks professional, but we still want to see what you have to start with. Here is a blog with some helpful tips if you need them.
- Research the industries we serve. Take a look around on the internet about the industries listed above to see if any of the jobs involved appeal to you. The more you know about what you hope to achieve by working with us, the easier it will be for us to help you.
- Dress business casual. Remember, this is an interview, so look sharp!
- Be honest about your background. We will be doing a background check, so just be forthright. We know you have some stuff on your record, and we want to do what we can to help you. The more you tell us, the more we can effectively cater to your needs.
- Show us you mean business. Come in with a motivated mindset, we want to see that you are determined to move forward with your life and leave any and all criminal activity in the past.
- Have questions prepared. Think about what it is that you want to know from us and write it down. This will help you to make the most of this time and get clarity on what you are signing up for.
- Be on time! Many employers are of the mindset that being exactly on time is actually showing up late. Arrive early and prepared so we can see that you’ll be on time to the jobs we give you as well.
Alright, time to set up your appointment? Let’s do this: give us a call today.